Our Reading

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Worm Song




Ms. Robb introduced our class to a very funny song. The kids just love it, so I promised to share it with their parents.

Worms
A Traditional Song- Adapted by Robert A. McCracken

Nobody likes me.
Everybody hates me.
Think I'll go eat worms.
Big fat juicy ones.
Eeny, weeny, squeemy ones.
See how they wiggle and squirm.

Chop off their heads,
Squeeze out the juice,
And throw the tails away.
Nobody knows how I survive,
Worms three times a day.

Stuffed or poached worms
Baked or roast worms
Barbecued or fricasseed

Diced or sliced worms
On bread or toast worms
Anyway pleases me.

Red and brown worms
Green and squirming words
Night crawlers, green and gray
Anyone can see that I've survived
Worms three times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment